Saturday, August 6, 2016

Botanicabella Masculine Birthday Card


Hello Ribbon Lovers!  Have you had a chance to play with the gorgeous new Colors of Autumn Ribbon Assortment yet?  The color range is amazing, and I'm also finding them to be quite versatile.  I pulled out the rusty ribbons in the assortment to make this masculine birthday card with Graphic 45 Botanicabella papers.
A border was created by adding a strip of Rust Diamond Satin Ribbon down the left hand side of the card.  I always use Scor-Tape to add my ribbon, as it really holds it in place.  This was overlaid with a strip of the beautiful Rust Shell Print Satin ribbon.
I love that the shell print mimics fish scales, making it a great choice for this card. 
I used my trusty Zutter Bow it All Tool to create this masculine bow cluster.  I layered a scrap of the shell print ribbon beneath a Natural Burlap String bow and a beautiful leather button. I like the way the burlap string picks up on the burlap layer in the card.
I also spritzed and twisted some burlap string that I ran through this cute brass charm.  It's a subtle effect, but adds even more texture and dimension to the composition.
Here's a peeky at the inside of the card.  I used a Spellbinder Tammy Tutterow die to create a teeny tiny envelope, stamped a sentiment and added another strip of that luxurious Rust Shell Print Satin Ribbon across the top.

You all have told me that masculine cards are hard for you to make, so here's a design you can use for inspiration.  You could change up the papers, use the same layout and have a card made in a jiffy!

Thanks for stopping by!

Cheerio,
kathy

1 comment :

  1. Love the card - just gorgeous and the embellishments that you have selected is perfect. You are such a great artist! Hugs

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say