Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Be Someone's Sunshine! Memo Pad Tutorial

Hello, Ribbon Lovers!  I just love my first post here each month, because I get to share a project made with the fabby new Ribbon Club Assortment.  The July Collection is as bright and fun as a pot of petunias!  Take a look:


I fell in love with the Geranium Pink Taffeta Ribbon and decided it was a good match for some Simple Stories Sunshine & Happiness paper that I had in my stash.  And since I am the forgetful sort, I decided it would be a good idea to create a little to-do list notepad for myself.


I just wrapped the notebook with the Geranium Pink Taffeta and tied a simple square knot.  Easy peasy!  And I added a loopy bow made with Ivory Natural Burlap String beneath my pretty pink posey. 


I had a few snips of Geranium Pink Lattice Print Satin leftover from another project, so I cut some banner flags and tucked them beneath the focal.


The inside has a slash pocket and a little memo pad.  I  made one of these fun notebooks with a bee theme a few weeks back, and you all asked me for a tutorial...and because I love my Ribbon Peeps, I put together this Snapguide tutorial so you can make one of your own.  You'll find it below this post. 


Check out How to Make a Decorative Notebook With Chipboard by Kathy Clement on Snapguide.
 If you have kids home from school who are bored, bored, bored...this is a great project to make together.  Even little people have fun decorating the cover after the book is built.  So be someone's sunshine today, and pull out your crafty stash!

Thanks for stopping by!  Now go get your craft on!

Cheerio,
kathy

3 comments :

  1. Gorgeous decorative notebook. Love the colors and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is Beautiful! Love the bow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card. and the ribbon is just lovely with the cheerful colors from the paper and embellishments.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say