Sunday, November 11, 2012

A Holiday Howdy



Today I want to share with you one of my less-traditional and more masculine Christmas cards. We have a few friends that live on ranches, and when I saw this stamp set by Flourishes, I knew I had to make a few!
I stamped Cowboy Christmas (available at i {heart} papers) on Very Vanilla cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then colored in with Copic markers. The sentiment was stamped with a retired SU! ink that was one of my favorites: Blue Bayou. I cut it all out with Spellbinders Labels Four. I added some texture with a little aqua strip of cardstock, which I embossed with Lifestyle Craft's Zig Zag embossing folder.
My favorite part of the card is the Natural Jute Ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  I think it adds some really fun texture and makes the card a little more rustic. The Jute Ribbon also comes in Ivory, Red, Moss, Slate, Black and Burgundy. A couple of buttons and it's ready to go~!

Our current challenge at RRR is Winter Holiday with Ribbon! Come play along! And be sure to check out the AMAZING BLOG CANDY that Bonnie has up for grabs! Oh my goodness!
Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate all your comments!





4 comments :

  1. What a beautiful card with nice manly details.
    Gr Elly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this awesome masculine holiday card Judy! The just and that button combo add a great finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow this really is awesome truly a masculine card xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. a wonderful masculine card. love the RRR texture. and that button is a spark.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say