Monday, July 30, 2012

with Love...




Well, today is my final post as Guest Designer for the month of July and I just want to say thank you to Bonnie for inviting me to participate with such a wonderful group of ladies who are so darn creative! I have enjoyed seeing all the beautiful projects that the Design Team has made and I just

want to say that I .....
Really Reasonable Ribbon!
After painting the letters, I covered them with Prima script paper, and sanded the edges. Then the fun part, which is embellishing them! I wrapped some lavender Hemp cord, ( which is one of my new favorites! ) around the "l" and the "v", using Scor-Pal tape to adhere it. On the "l", I added a Maya Road flower with my hot glue gun.

On the "v" I added a felt  Heidi Grace butterfly which I hand sewed around the wings, and a pearl strand was glued on for the body. The antenna is a center flower accent that you can find in any florist department.
I look forward to continuing to enter in all the wonderful challenges, hope to see you there too!
waving hi from the hills of North Carolina with Love... :)
Sandee

8 comments :

  1. What a beautiful project Sandee, love the attention to detail and all the fab finishing touches.
    Hugs x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun little home dec project Sandee! I love how you wrapped the letters with hemp. Great idea! Thanks so much for being our July Guest Designer at RRR!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandee, I just L - O - V - E this project, especially that hemp you have used on the L, it is a gorgeous colour and of course, the butterfly. Sorry you are leaving, I have really enjoyed all your projects. A x

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVEly Sandee! I'm a subscriber of your blog so I'll be staying in touch! Love these letters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is rEAlly lovely. Thanks for saying where you found the butterfly antennae! It's always good to find out where embellishments are found or how they're made :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just adore the pearls for the body of the butterfly!! You're just so stinking awesome! I know I don't have to tell you to keep up the good work because you will anyway. RRR should be so proud up have a guest designer like you (and should seriously consider snatching you up full time).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the whimsical look of your letters instead of the usual straight-backed ones. It is great what you've done with them. I just discovered hemp cord myself--fun stuff! We bid you a fond adieu. It was wonderful seeing ya here.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say