Thursday, May 3, 2012

Craft worthy








Hi there and happy Thursday! I am so excited to be posting here at RRR for the first time! I decided to create a sweet sewing pocket using several of my favorite Really Reasonable Ribbons. I started with a manilla folder. I cut it down to the size I wanted..approximately 5 x7. I covered it in some fun papers and added a little stamping detail at the top. I added some yummy allison crochet lace to the bottom. Next I added a few toppings like a doily, chipboard painted dress form, chipboard letters spelling sew, buttons, and a Prima flower. To the dress form I added some beading for a necklace and some sweet Beatrice white crochet lace to the bottom of the skirt. I topped the pocket off with some gorgeous silky crush rose ribbon by May Arts. This ribbon is beautiful and makes the best bows. I also nestled a little wooden spool wrapped with more Beatrice crochet lace to the inside of my bow for fun, along with a stick pin. It was than time to make tags....I collected things with a craft and sewing theme and just had fun layering with my embellishments and papers. I carried more of the crochet lace onto my tags using the Penelope lace in natural on several tags. I topped all of them off with some seambinding in pink that I grunged up. I used some Tim Holtz ink to shabby it up a bit and hand crickled it. After that I just nestled all my goodies in the pocket. This would make a great gift for a sewing lover or a great idea for Mother's day. Hope you enjoyed! Thanks for letting me share. hugs, cherry

9 comments :

  1. Cherry, this is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! What a beautiful project. I can't stopp looking at it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Cherry!!! This is absolutely dreamy! I love all that pink! What a way to start off here! Beautiful work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful project! So happy to see you here sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your first project post and you're already a shining star! These are absolutely STUNNING! I love vintage charm and these are just delightful and precious! Love your work, so happy you're here to inspire us! Thank you, Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so lovely!!!! I love it....so inspirational....thank you so much!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! love this, all the pink it's really a wonderful project, thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your soft, vintage style! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say